Fair Format for 2018
The Fair will begin on the morning of Friday and end mid-day on Saturday. Setup would take place between 10am-noon on Friday morning.
The ORSF has adopted the current seven challenge awards as used at the CWSF. These are:
• Discovery – Create new fundamental knowledge based on your curiosity by asking a question and using the techniques of scientific inquiry to develop an answer.
• Energy – Improve our use of current energy sources, enable the transition to alternative energy sources, or reduce our energy footprint.
• Environment – Reduce our impact on, improve our understanding of, and ensure the quality of water air, soil, and the diversity of living things.
• Health – Increase our understanding of the human body, or apply science and technology to improve health, control disease, or support an again population.
• Information – Enhance communication and our use of information using digital and networking technologies, or applications of new media.
• Innovation – Combine scientific principles with your creativity to develop a new material, structure, device, or system to solve a problem or improve an existing solution.
• Resources – Develop better ways to use our natural resources that provide sustainable sources of food, products, or prosperity.
During registration, participants will identify the “challenge” best addressed by their project. The age categories (junior, intermediate and senior) will remain the same as in past years.